Is your resident experiencing pain?
• Always assess pain level
• If resident is in pain, report immediately
Does your resident need assist with personal care?
• Offer help using the toilet
• Empty commode/urinal
• Offer hydration and/or nutrition
Is your resident in a comfortable position?
• Help resident get into comfortable position
• Turn immobile resident to maintain skin integrity
• Ensure support devices (e.g., orthotics, positioning devices) are in place and working
Are all your resident’s essential items within easy reach?
• Ensure items are placed within reach: bedside table, call light, phone, eyewear(clean and in good repair), reading material, water, TV remote, garbage, self-care and toileting equipment
• Clear the area (e.g., cords, debris/fluid on floor)
Always provide person-centered care!
• Engage the resident and address emotional needs
• Ask resident/caregiver to put on call light if resident wants to get out of bed
• Check if resident has any other needs or requests (e.g., phone call, music, lighting)?
• Ask resident “Is there anything else I can do for you before I leave the room?”
*Refer to Therapy as needed Reference: www.ahrq.gov/professionals/systems/hospital/fallpxtoolkit/fallpxtk3.html