This 66-year-old gentleman was admitted to a skilled nursing facility following a two-month hospitalization due to COVID-19 with pneumonia. He was weak and required 6 liters per minute of supplemental oxygen. Prior to hospitalization, he lived at home and was independent with all self-care and mobility.
Occupational and Physical Therapy: (5x/week x 4 weeks)
OmniFlow™ Breathing Therapy Biofeedback System
- Controlled Inspiration – Diamond Mine
- Forced expiration – Prehistoric Contest
- Respiratory muscle training – Starry Road
OmniVersa® Ultrasound/Electrotherapy System
- Patterned Electrical Neuromuscular Stimulation (PENS) lower extremity knee and ADL protocols
OmniVR® Virtual Rehabilitation System
- Seated and standing activities
- Training in strength, balance, transfers, and gait;
This gentleman is pleased with the progress he made in therapy. He has returned home with his family and no longer requires supplemental oxygen. He plans to continue his home exercise program to progress his standing balance and walking capacity with the ultimate goal of walking unaided.